Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Directions...

Well, it was a fabulous summer here on the west coast of Canada, and here we are in the midst of Autumn already.
Over the summer I spent time re-evaluating the direction my art was taking me. It was difficult and at times quite painful to really examine the creative process and more importantly in my case, the lack of oppportunity to become a name in the gallery scene. Self promotion has never been something I excel at.
So , in July I literally closed the door on my studio. I am taking art as 'career' out of the equation and in doing so feel that my creativity will be reignited in a new and positive way.
I am exploring a few options in the 'work' area, one of which will allow me to make $$ , be creative, and still enjoy doing my own thing at the end of the day. Wish me luck...
And keep on living the creative life!

No comments: